The Dream @ 50: Empowering the Next Generation
What Do You Think of When You Hear Dr. Martin Luther King’s
“I Have A Dream” speech?
We want to hear from you!
THE DREAM @50 Art Contest is a national competition for K-12 students to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech. The aim of the contest is to use art as a vehicle for students to explore and clarify the personal relevance of history.
THE DREAM @50 Art Contest
- $20 art kit for each school winner
- Between $150 and $500 in art supply gift cards for each of the 10 grand prize winners and their teachers
- Exhibit of the semifinalists at Wayne County Airport and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Bus and billboard PSAs featuring the winning artwork donated by DDOT and CBS Outdoor.
- December 14, 2012 (Deadline Extended): Art Submissions Deadline to Librarians
- January/February 2013: Award Ceremony
- August 2013: Capitol Hill event for city winners, including an exhibit of the artwork
To find out more information about the contest contact a librarian at your local branch or visit www.THEDREAMAt50.com
Catalog & Database Search
Search books, movies, games and other library materials.
Search newspaper, magazine and journal articles.