Space for Exhibits, Meetings, Concerts, Booksignings
The Detroit Public Library's, Main Library location has several exhibit cases that are used in accordance with the Exhibits Policy. Free-standing exhibits are also considered. Those requesting use of exhibit space in Main Library should contact the Marketing Department at (313) 481-1340 or fill out the Request for Exhibit Space Form. Branch libraries may be approached independently with exhibit proposals.
The Library will sponsor exhibits to:
- Promote public awareness of the collections and services of the Detroit Public Library
- Celebrate national, state or local events
- Encourage reading
- Educate the public
- Reaffirm the viability and importance of libraries
- Attract a wider audience to the Detroit Public Library
- All exhibit proposals are subject to a review procedure and must be approved by the Detroit Public Library.
- The exhibit of any given material does not constitute an endorsement by the Detroit Public Library.
- Proposals for exhibits must be submitted to the Detroit Public Library one year prior to the proposed exhibit. Use the form on this web site.
- The Library may sponsor exhibits from organizations which are engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities.
- The Detroit Public Library will be the sole judge of what is acceptable. All materials will be reviewed by the Library before being displayed.
- The Library will require a complete inventory of each item of an exhibit, including title, dimensions, description and estimated by owner.
- Preparation of materials for exhibit purposes is the responsibility of the exhibitor and must meet the standards of the Detroit Public Library.
- The arrangement and hanging of the exhibit will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- The Library must approve all publicity related to an exhibit.
- The Detroit Public Library will provide no special security personnel.
- No admission charge, request for donations or items for sale will be permitted. The Library will allow however, a citation in the exhibit giving the name, address and/or telephone number of a contact person should a viewer wish to inquire about a purchase.
For exhibit space at Main Library, please e-mail the Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catalog & Database Search
Search books, movies, games and other library materials.
Search newspaper, magazine and journal articles.