Invest in your future by improving your computer skills with free computer classes! Classes are held at the Main Library Technology, Literacy and Career Center (TLC) and at all branches.
- Instructor-led scheduled classes in the TLC Classroom -- Basic Computer Skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; E-mail and Internet. Call (313) 481-1363 to reserve your seat.
- Information literacy for visiting school and community groups. Call the TLC Center, (313) 481-1363 or 1365 to reserve time.
- Computer software skills books are available for checkout.
- Online test proctoring is available; call (313) 481-1363 or 1365 for an appointment.
Technology, Literacy and Career (TLC) Center
Detroit Public Library
5201 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
(313) 481-1363 or (313) 481-1365
Tuesday-Wednesday, Noon - 8 p.m.; Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Sunday-Monday, CLOSED.
Metered street parking on Cass, Woodward, Putnam and Kirby Avenues. Free parking in the lot on the south side of the Main Library, all day on Saturdays and from 6-8 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Lot is accessible from Putnam Avenue via Cass Avenue. Customers must then use either the Cass or the Woodward entrance.
The DDOT Woodward Avenue bus stops at Woodward and Kirby. The DDOT Dexter bus stops in front of the Cass entrance. The DDOT Crosstown bus stops on Warren Avenue between Woodward and Cass, one block south of the Main Library.