Staff knowledgeable in career and employment issues is assigned full-time to the TLC Center at the Main Library to assist job seekers in choosing resources and identifying additional resources located throughout the Library system.
Job Search and Employment Links
Career and Employment Assistance
- Job search and career exploration -- guidance in examining career and employment options and searching for gainful employment.
- Information Strategy -- assistance in identifying resources appropriate to each step of the job or career search process.
- Internet Job Search -- assistance in finding job ads, completing online job applications, and researching employers.
- One-on-one assistance with resume preparation
- Over 2,000 books for checkout including career guides; job search, resume and interview books
- Test preparation materials for professional certification and licensing, GED, ASVAB, LSAT, GRE, GMAT, apprenticeship, civil service and many more
Technology, Literacy and Career (TLC) Center
Detroit Public Library
5201 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
(313) 481-1363 or (313) 481-1365
Tuesday-Wednesday, Noon - 8 p.m.; Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Sunday-Monday, CLOSED.
Metered street parking on Cass, Woodward, Putnam and Kirby Avenues. Free parking in the lot on the south side of the Main Library, all day on Saturdays and from 6-8 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Lot is accessible from Putnam Avenue via Cass Avenue. Customers must then use either the Cass or the Woodward entrance.
The DDOT Woodward Avenue bus stops at Woodward and Kirby. The DDOT Dexter bus stops in front of the Cass entrance. The DDOT Crosstown bus stops on Warren Avenue between Woodward and Cass, one block south of the Main Library.