The Rose & Robert Skillman Branch of the Detroit Public Library, formerly called the Downtown Library (opened January 4, 1932), was renamed the Rose and Robert Skillman Branch Library to honor a generous gift from the Skillman Foundation.
The Skillman Branch also houses the National Automotive History Collection.
Meeting Rooms/Space Rentals
The auditorium located on the 2nd floor hosts regular branch programming including author events, concerts, and movies. In addition, exhibits, corporate and community meetings and other events with large attendance are held in this room.
The auditorium seats approximately 125, the room will accommodate 200 strolling.