The Jefferson Branch of the Detroit Public Library opened in rented quarters on Warren Avenue, September 27, 1937, as the East Warren branch. The library moved to its present location on East Outer Drive on October 4, 1951, the first National Library Day. It is named for the author of the Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson.
Meeting Rooms/Space Rentals
A meeting room is available for community groups and non-profit organizations free of charge.