The Chaney Branch was named in honor of the first Director of the Detroit Public Library, Henry Chaney. Professor Chaney served as Director from 1865 to 1878. The Chaney Branch opened to the public on June 28, 1955. The site was previously a bookmobile stop.
Educational and entertaining programming, including book discussion groups, computer classes, and story hours, is available for children and adults throughout the year.
ChaneyUnable to render map: Google Maps API key is missing.
Meeting Rooms/Space Rentals
There is a separate meeting room available for use by community organizations and tutors. This same room is used as a polling place for the many elections held in the City of Detroit.